Friday, December 21, 2012

The Rise of the Phoenix




Every day that goes by puts me closer to the day I will no longer be with you
Not the Mayan calendar prediction ending
But because we are through


The Rise of the Phoenix

I would be in denial if I were to believe that we could make it
And be the couple I always wanted us to be
But you found another
And have been with her "mentally"
"Ph-yis-cal-ly" and
"E-mo-tion-al-ly"
No longer was it about we
You and me
But about your secret love
The one you turned away from me because of 
You smirked at my tears 
As you felt yourself way too much
She became your world
As you began treating the whore like your main girl

You're no real player
Just a clown 
And the "scully" broad that you met at the zoo
Funny
She seems just right for you
While I thought you were working hard
You were smutting it up
All the while married
And acting single
So your subliminal wish is my command
"No no!"
"Don't thank me!"
Thanks will be you paying this seed support for YOUR child
ON TIME
Not acting like 
Somehow
You are the victim
And I was blind
To the "love" you had for me
Dude please!
Tell it to those broads that you 
Converse to
After hours
When all is still, Boo
Make them believe you were the best I could do
What's funny is you don't even believe that to be true

So I long for the day that's approaching ahead
It's like the 4x400 race 
And I am running anchor
I see the finish line 
As my legs are slowly giving away
Feeling like lead
It has been a long and hard road
But I am not dead
I see the end
All who love me cheering me on
Huge smiles on their faces
Although it took so long
They know what it took for me to get here
How I almost didn't make it here
Gave up
Towel thrown
The glimmer in my eyes all but gone
B-U-T
It's a new day
I'd rather be alone than to be with you on my best day
For me that would be my worse day
And life is way too short
For any more of those
The race is done
My spirit and strength have won
This Phoenix has risen past the horizon
And life will have meaning for me once again

Written by Kesh
Dec 12, 2012

(c) 2012 NixRises All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment