Friday, December 7, 2012

Electronically Sprung

You have me on a digital high
Checking my messages 4 & 5 times
Anticipating the 'PING' that lets me know
I have been notified
It's typed and delivered
Now it's my turn to reply

I wonder what has got me like so
I always despised those glued to their phones
Thought they were thirsty
And rather desperate
And if they were around others:
Extremely inconsiderate
But I've become
A new member of the club

No longer do I snub those waiting for a response
As I now understand what it's like
To love the attention
From a long-distance man

We haven't been in contact for too long
As you found me among others
A connection that's now so strong
Neither distance or time can destroy this vibe
As we discover each other through words
And our minds collide
They make love to one another
For that's all we can do right now
Unless you grew wings
Or I grew wings
But that's something the universe would never allow

For now we eagerly await a response from the other
As we smile when it is read
Or maybe even blush
Looking around to see if someone notices
Then our fingers begin moving
Patting away a reply we hope brightens the others' day
A battle of flirtatiousness
We embark on right in plain view
Who would have knew
Our fondness has grew

And now our seduction progresses
How powerful it is!
The way words can affect the body
Just reading your lines
Has me craving you every time
And at night when I sleep
It's you and you alone
Who invades my dreams
Holding me captive
As you fulfill
And as you drill
And as I shrill
While we both spill
And then
Lie...
Very...
Still...

"I am electronically sprung"
I think to myself
Tangled in a web of pixels
That causes reactions to my body
Rose-colored responses from my mind
Although I may feel foolish
It is a feeling I never want to end
This new pep in my step
As I race to my phone
Opening it before the ending of my ringtone
And it's all because of you
I am electronically sprung

Written by Kesh
Dec 7, 2012

(c) 2012 NixRises All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment