Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Opposing Blues

Opposing Blues

Your blues are not like my blues
Yours, may last for a season
A light drizzle or some rain
Cold wind
It is all the same
Mild Northeaster keeping you inside
No fun and games today
Push the joy aside

My blues are all that and then some
Some black
Some purple
A lot of RED
I see red!
Wanting Father Nature dead
He controls the storms and plays with my head
As I am left seeking shelter
Feeling dread

Your blues are passing
For tomorrow when you awake,
The light will blind your eyes
But my eyes?
Well, my eyes are as dull as the grey skies - of course
The shimmer and gleam have died
My blues leave me constantly glassy-eyed
And teary-eyed
No longer am I
Googly-eyed
For my body has lacked the warmth from the sun
Not in flesh, but in spirit
The storm has won

Written Dec 2012
by Kesh

(c) 2012 NixRises All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment