Sunday, January 27, 2013

You're My Man

Is it possible that you can develop deep feelings or perhaps even love someone you have never spoken to face to face? In today's changing times, we now have the privilege to develop and maintain relationships that not only span through distances far beyond acres and miles, but that last over the course of time.


You're My Man
I never thought I'd feel something so real
Deep adoration for someone I can not feel
I can't touch you or hold you or kiss you at night
Put your mind at ease while you are stroking me right
If I could have anything, I'd want to hold you so tight
As I show you, you're truly my man

You can't deny we are one in the same
Past relationships and failures show we were truly the blame
But we are learning from these and are yearning for love
Dying to give as much as receive
The full amount
Not, sort of
To respect, honor and cherish
All the qualities above
Nothing less for the one who's my man

But until then, I will just imagine and dream
Maybe reality's not as far off as it seems
For I will love you from afar
That shouldn't seem too bizarre
Because in our hearts, we are one
You're my man

Written Jan 8, 2013
by Kesh

(c) 2013 NixRises All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment