Friday, July 21, 2017

I loved the you I thought I knew
The one I imagined being with me
Laughing, flirting, eyeing me
Yeah, that you
The you I opened up to
Gave my entire heart to
Just hoping one day I'd legitimately get yours too
The you I gave my body to
And in the midst of it all
You answer to her
Responded to her call
Told me to wake up
I heard you loud and clear
Stopped my lovemaking
You paused your lust aching
I heard it all
And right there
Crouched low
I kept the tears at bay
We continued
But I was never the same
My face I saved
Did you even notice?
Did you even care?
I was made privy to the skills you possess
Your whereabouts you would "finesse"
And when you finally left
Tears fell for what will never be
The guy I thought I knew
Never really existed for me

~July 21, 2017

Written by Kesh
(c) 2017 Nixrises All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment