Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pothole-Coated Road

Pothole-Coated Road

Twists & turns on a pothole-coated road
The goodyear's wearing thin
Such an unexpected roller coaster ride
What was to be a wondrous journey
Has my stomach upset
My face grim

I look around
There's no one beside me
Not a soul for my sight
Silence fills the air
The fog
Cotton ball thick on this night
And the chill...
It envelopes me
Like a heavy blanket of despair

I roll up the windows
As I travel slowly along
Cautiously moving forward
Prepared for any sudden moves
Daring the night to move
Wanting the night to move
Only then will I have company
Someone
Anyone
Instead of this nagging
Urking
Solitude

No music
No laughter
Dried tears creating a crusty face
I choke back the many more that want to fall
As fear builds up
Fear of the unknown
Fear of what lies ahead
On this
Pothole-coated
Fog surrounded
Darkness covered road

Written by Kesh
February 8, 2013

(c) 2013 NixRises All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment